The Prescient Platform
The Prescient Platform integrates design, engineering and construction, marrying true BIM integration with our proprietary, state-of-the-art light gauge structural system and advanced site logistics. It is the only construction platform that is fully integrated throughout a project’s lifecycle from initial design all the way through installation. The inherent advantages are lower costs, shorter construction schedules, and significantly streamlined design and coordination phases.
This is possible because Prescient’s Autodesk® Revit® plug-in seamlessly integrates into standard design and construction phase workflows, enabling the generation of highly detailed, fully accurate Revit models at the earliest stages of design. This enables design and construction teams to engineer systems and assemblies to fit within the structure from day one.
The Prescient Platform is a paradigm shift from standard industry practices. With Prescient, you effectively eliminate the need for the time-consuming, ineffective, and costly practices of clash detection, value engineering, and peer reviews. You design for value and constructability from the start, yielding better results during design and construction.
- Ideally suited for multi-unit projects up to 14 stories tall (12 stories of our system atop a 2 story podium)
- The system is a UL rated 1-hour or 2-hour fire-rated load-bearing wall system
- Recommended construction types IIA, IIB or IB (for high-rise projects)
- Our field tested wall and floor/ceiling sound assemblies exceed code requirements
- The system consists of 3 standardized components
- 18” deep, open-web metal trusses at 2’ O.C.
- Pre-manufactured light-gauge, galvanized steel panels with integrated truss
- Precision drilled steel posts
- Elevator, stair, and mechanical shafts are integral to the system – no need for poured concrete or masonry cores
- Structural walls are located on the 2’ x 2’ Prescient®SmartGrid
- All non-structural walls do not have to be on the grid
Coordinating Your Design with Prescient
Prescient’s structure is flexible and won’t limit creativity or architectural expression. We work with you to integrate Prescient structure with your design. And we participate with the project team to coordinate building systems and components to the structure. During preliminary design phases, we engage with all project stakeholders to provide solutions for practical, cost effective and efficient coordination of architecture, structure, and MEP. As design progresses into construction documentation you will have a better detailed and buildable set of drawings and specifications.
Using the Autodesk Revit Plug-in
A crucial part of our integrated project delivery process is to enable architects to model our structure directly in Revit as part of their typical project design workflow. We make this possible with our proprietary Autodesk Revit-based application which has all the functionality architects need to work in a model-based design environment.
Using the Prescient ribbon in Revit is intuitive. Prescient’s grid-based design platform enables efficient and expedited layout, design and coordination. And our team helps you from the start so you develop proficiency with the application immediately.
If you’re not on Revit we can help. Our team will work to integrate non-Revit based CAD designs with Prescient Structure and lead in assisting the team in model-based design integration. Be sure to check out our Revit plug-in and watch our tutorials on YouTube.
For more information about using the Prescient system on your next project, please call us at 720.390.5422